I don’t know about you, but breakfast is by far my most favorite meal of the day. So I’m constantly trying new recipes to mix things up.
Pancakes/Waffles are an all-time favorite of mine. So I needed to find a better alternative to those “instant” mixes out there. This one tastes good and has tons of energy to fuel my workouts and active lifestyle. Did I mention that they taste good too? 🙂
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup oats, uncooked (not instant)
- 1 teaspoon sugar or stevia(preferred)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 cup egg whites(or liquid egg substitute)
- 1 cup milk, fat-free
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all dry ingredients in medium-sized mixing bowl. Add wet ingredients and mix well.
- Spray a large, non-stick skillet lightly with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Spoon batter into pan to make 4 small pancakes. Flip them over when they start to bubble and brown evenly on both sides.
- Repeat until all batter is used, making 12 pancakes (3 per serving).
- Serve immediately with reduced-calorie syrup or flavored nonfat yogurt, and fresh or frozen berries.
Serves : 4
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Calories from Fat 45
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 250 mg
Total Carbohydrate 29 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 4 g
Protein 8 g
Don’t forget to check out Our Custom Meal Planner and you can get all your meals figured out for you to fit your fitness & nutritional goals. Plus, it’ll even generate you shopping list for you as well! 😮
Talk to you soon,